A voluntary opportunity for young people (aged 16 – 21) with an interest in theatre to gain experience of a youth theatre setting. It is the perfect opportunity for people who have had experience of participating in youth theatre and would like to learn more about leading youth theatre sessions by working with youth theatre directors and facilitators. We are looking for up to 10 young people to take part in this exciting opportunity.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the following criteria
- Have participated in a youth theatre or a similar arts environment for a minimum of 1 year
- Have an interest in the performing arts
- Be able to commit to at least one youth theatre session each week for a term (10 weeks)
- Be positive, helpful and approachable
- Have excellent time keeping skills
- Be passionate about youth theatre
- Have or be willing to become PVG registered
What you will gain from this opportunity:
- An excellent work experience for your CV
- Opportunities to observe youth theatre directors and facilitators deliver workshops
- A reference from Aberdeen Performing Arts for future work applications
- The opportunity to support the work of APA Youth Theatre
- Meet and work with like minded individuals
We are also offering £100 per term (10 weeks) expenses. If your application is successful you will be offered the opportunity to work on one of the following classes:
- Play! (Primary 1 – 3) – Saturday morning 10am – 11am – Creating a spark of fun by introducing children to the world of theatre through games, story and play.
- Create! (Primary 4 – 7) Saturday morning 11.30am – 1pm – Creative a spark of confidence by developing a love for performing and building acting skills.
- Junior Youth Theatre (Secondary 1 and 2) Thursday evening 6.30pm – 8pm – Creating a spark of creativity through developing theatre making skills and learning the building blocks of performance.
- Intermediate Youth Theatre (Secondary 3 and 4) Wednesday evening 6.30pm – 8.30pm – Creating a spark of understanding by honing performance skills and learning how to stage a performance.
- Senior Youth Theatre (Secondary 5 and 6) Tuesday evening 6.30pm – 9pm – Creating a spark of ignition by reviewing and further developing skills and working with scripts to produce high quality theatre productions.
To apply please complete the application form and return it to Claire Davidson, Drama Development Coordinator email@example.com by Monday 1st September