The latest season of Northern Arc concerts in Aberdeen’s Music Hall will transport their audiences to Norway – literally in the case of one lucky concert goer.
For Aberdeen Performing Arts, Wideroe airlines and Victoria Hotel are offering Northern Arc concert-goers prize of a weekend trip for two people to Stavanger, simply by enjoying at least two of the three concerts. The winning name will be drawn after the last concert of the series in June.
APA Northern Arc spring series includes:
Saturday 7 February: Karine Polwart with Sigrid Moldestad
Friday 3 April: Karen Matheson Band with Erlend Viken Trio
Saturday 27 June: Lau with Valkyrien Allstars
Celebrating the Nordic soul, the series is not just about music and the pre-show events in the Music Hall café includes presentations about Norwegian traditions, artists and links between Scotland and Norway. The other links are already well established as Wideroe airlines operate 6 flights daily from Aberdeen to Norway – to both Stavanger and Bergen – making them ideal weekend break destinations.
Prize draw terms and conditions
The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who attended at least 2 out of 3 Northern Arc Spring 2015 concerts.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from APA containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
To enter the Prize Draw you must collect at least 2 stamps (one per concert) on the Northern Arc passport (that you can get from the APA front of house staff during Northern Arc concerts) and submit it together with your name and contact details.
- Only one Northern Arc passport per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- APA accepts no responsibility is taken for Northern Arc passports that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Entries will be collected during 2nd and 3rd Northern Arc series’ events. The closing time of the Prize Draw is the interval of the last concert of the Northern Arc Series on the 27th June. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random selection process. The draw will take place on 27th June 2015 on stage just after the last Northern Arc concert.
The winner will receive a trip to Norway for 2 persons. The prize includes flight tickets, Aberdeen – Stavanger, sponsored by the Wideroe airlines and the Victoria Hotel in Stavanger provides a room for a 2 night weekend stay B&B.
- APA, Wideroe and Victoria Hotel accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from the airport, subsistence, insurance).
- If not present on the last concert the winner will be notified by email on or before 29 June 2015 and must contact APA to confirm acceptance of the prize until 15th July 2015. If a winner does not respond to APA within 15 July 2015, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and APA shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and APA shall be entitled to select another winner.
The trip should be undertaken in 2015.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on APA's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by APA and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by APA and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
- APA, Wideroe and Victoria Hotel accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of APA, Wideroe and Victoria Hotel for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- APA, Wideroe and Victoria Hotel shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at email@example.com with "Northern Arc competition" in the subject line.
- Promoter: Aberdeen Performing Arts Rosemount Viaduct, Aberdeen, AB25 1GL