Located in the heart of the city centre, the Music Hall hosts a wide variety of concerts, performances, shows and events. From classical concerts to contemporary comedy, the biggest band to fantastic folk, the venue has something for everyone.
- The building was designed by local architect Archibald Simpson and opened its doors in 1822 at a cost of £11,500.
- The Music Hall holds around 1,300 at seated shows and almost 1,500 at standing gigs.
- The stunning murals in the Music Hall date back to 1899 and were designed by local artist Robert Douglas Strachan.
- In recent times the Music Hall has seen appearances from Frankie Boyle, Billy Connolly, Professor Brian Cox, Flawless, Brendan Cole, Van Morrison, Will Young, the Manic Street Preachers as well as hosting one of Glenn Campbell's last ever shows.
- Memorable orchestra seasons are held at the Music Hall with performances from Aberdeen Sinfionetta, the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and the Scottish Ensemble.
- The Music Hall cafe is a hidden gem on Union Street and offers a comfortable and pleasant stop for a coffee and snack or a light lunch.
- The main Box Office of Aberdeen Performing Arts is located at the Music Hall where tickets can be purchased for all three of our venues as well as partner venues across Scotland.
The Music Hall offers a great evening out to a show to all who attend. Whatever your tastes in entertainment, we've got it covered. What are you waiting for?
Music Hall, Union Street, Aberdeen
Lat: 55.993389 Long: -3.289375
The Music Hall is open from 9.30am - 4pm, Monday - Saturday. On the evening of performances the Music Hall will open about one hour before the performance start time.
For the comfort and convenience of all performers and audience, latecomers cannot be admitted to shows until there is a suitable break in the performance or the interval.
Ticket telephone: 01224 632080
Disabled Access Guide
The Music Hall strives to ensure that all customers are able to enjoy performances in comfort and safety, we are committed to continually reviewing accessibility options.
- Access for wheelchair users is available in both the box office with a lift and from street level at the rear of the building – the first door on Golden Square. Please ring the doorbell for access.
- An infra-red sound enhancement system and hearing loop is available for customers with impaired hearing.
- The Music Hall has recently installed the Deaf Alerter fire alarm warning system for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome at the Music Hall.
- If a performance contains strobe lighting, (which could affect those with photo sensitive epilepsy) warning notices are displayed within the public areas, when prior notice is given to the management.
Please ask the Box Office at the time of booking for any accessability queries.
Food and Drink Info
Located in the heart of Aberdeen, the Music Hall is ideally located for a coffee and cake or a light lunch. The Music Hall cafe offers a chance to take yourself off the bustle of Union Street and into the dramatic surroundings of the Mary Garden Room.
Bar facilities are also available for performances and the venue with the Square Room and the Doric Bar open for refreshments before and after shows.
Monday 21 April
One the most inventive and influential bands in the history of pop music, 10cc is to play Aberdeen’s Music Hall this autumn as part of a UK tour.
Thursday 17 April
Please note, scheduled maintenance will take place on our website on Saturday 19 April between 9pm and 10pm.
Wednesday 09 April
Tuesday 01 April
Monday 31 March
Tuesday 25 March