Here For You Telephone Club
A dedicated phone line open to those who were feeling isolated through lockdown or simply wanted to share a story or memories of past times with us. Aberdeen Performing Arts staff were on hand to take calls and chat to callers about their experiences in our venues, or about a play, concert, exhibition, poem or novel that inspired people and help bring back fond memories.
Keep the Lights On At HMT
A fun activity for the family introduced just after lockdown started. With the doors closing at His Majesty's Theatre, children were asked to build their own versions of the venue using household items and send us photos of their creations.
While theatres are closed, companies are streaming productions online, giving audiences amazing access to world class theatre and events at the touch of a button. With Armchair Audiences, we chose a production or activity to watch before getting together online to hear what others think, share your own thoughts or, no pressure, just come along and listen in.
Armchair Audiences conversations included:
National Theatre's Jane Eyre
- Wise Children
- Shakespeare's Globe production of Romeo and Juliet
- Flowers For Mrs Harris
- National Theatre at Home’s Frankenstein
- Scottish Ballet's The Snow Queen where we were joined in discussion with CEO and Artistic Director Christopher Hampson
- Lyric Theatre's production of Ibsen's 'A Dolls House'
- Chichester Theatre's Beauty and the Beast
- Old Vic production of A Monster Calls
- The Madness of George III
- Scottish Youth Theatre's '2020 - The View From Here'