We are improving our environmental performance by promoting sustainable working practises, reducing our annual energy usage and being committed to the principle to reduce, reuse and recycle.
To be a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable creative organisation committed to protecting people and the planet.
What we are doing
Some of our activity includes
- Energy-saving light bulbs introduced across our venues.
- Installing motion sensor lights and making sure all others are turned off when not in use.
- Recycling cardboard, glass, paper, plastic, toner cartridges and used batteries. Recycling bins are stationed throughout our venues to allow customers to recycle too.
- Working with our partners at Aberdeen Inspired, provided beehives in a bee garden in the outdoor space next to 1906 restaurant.
- Staff volunteering for local community projects such as the Friends of Seaton Park litter picks and the Marine Conservation Society “Beach Cleans” at Aberdeen Beach and Torry Battery.
- Paperless meetings and payslips.
- Our senior youth theatre climate change creative project, providing space for discussion and reflection and giving a voice to young people.