Terms and Conditions
Booking a ticket
Tickets are issued on behalf of the organisation responsible for the performance or event and are subject to the following terms and conditions, together with all other statements or directives shown on the ticket.
Customers should note that Aberdeen Box Office tickets are sold by Aberdeen Performing Arts, a registered Scottish charity (SCO33733) having its registered office at His Majesty’s Theatre, Rosemount Viaduct, Aberdeen, AB25 1GL, as agent for the organisation responsible for the event (the Event Promoter). Details of the identity of the Event Promoter are made available on the front of the ticket where reasonable to do so, otherwise details are available on request from the Box Office.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable unless the event has been cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled. Casting is subject to change and also non-refundable. Personal expenses including but not limited to travel and accommodation are booked at your own risk and will not be compensated.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Tickets can be exchanged for alternative dates of the same production. Tickets must be to the value of, or higher than the original seats (an admin fee of £2 per ticket will apply). Original tickets must be returned before an exchange can be processed.
- Booking Protect Insurance is available at a cost of £2.50 per ticket. We recommend that you consider this option. Full details are included in the Booking Protect Terms & Conditions. The insurance is offered prior to checkout and by adding it to your order you are confirming that you have read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Take care of your tickets. They cannot be reprinted prior to the night of the performance (an admin fee of £2 per ticket will apply).
- Booking fees are included in our advertised ticket prices. These fees are applied across all channels: website, phone and over the counter sales. More info on why we charge booking fees can be found in our FAQs.
- Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement may be required to purchase the ticket and upon entry to the event e.g., age or student status.
- Aberdeen Performing Arts reserve the right to adjust prices, special offers and incentive rates at any time without notice. However, it is not uncommon for ticket prices to increase for door sales on the day of a performance and we encourage advance booking.
- Tickets purchased or reserved cannot be resold for commercial gain and we reserve the rights to cancel any tickets that are being sold by unauthorised third parties without notice or refund. If you are interested in a group booking, please Contact Us.
- If you are unhappy with your seats or experience on the night, please inform venue staff immediately as issues cannot be resolved after the event.
- We may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of customers. The management team reserves the right to confiscate items which, in their reasonable opinion, may cause danger or disruption to other members of the audience.
- We reserve the right to refuse any ticket holder admission to (and/or eject them from) a performance, or to any of our three venues at our managements discretion to ensure the safety of our customers and team. No refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or rejected in such circumstances.
- Late comers will only be admitted into the venue if there is a suitable break in the performance. Latecomers not admitted are not entitled to a refund; so please allow sufficient travelling time.
- All persons entering the Venue do so at their own risk and neither Aberdeen Performing Arts nor the Venue operator will be liable in any way whatever for death or injury to any such persons or for any loss or damage suffered by them or to any property brought by them to the Venue whether or not arising out of any negligent act or omission on the part of the Venue Operators or its staff or agents so far as the same shall be allowed by the provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and excepting always death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Venue or the Venue Operators.
- All persons entering and using the facilities of the Venue are, notwithstanding any right of the Venue staff under Clause 2 hereof, responsible for ensuring that any equipment or clothing brought by them to the Centre is free from defects and in good working order or condition. Any person using such defective equipment or inadequate clothing which results in, or causes any loss or injury to, any person or his, her or their property, shall indemnify the Venue and the Venue Operators from all liability arising therefrom.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises may be consumed in the venue.
- No cameras or video or audio recording equipment are permitted on the premises without prior permission of both the Event Promoter and Aberdeen Performing Arts.
- Official merchandising shall only be on sale inside the venue.
- Customer details are managed in accordance with Aberdeen Performing Arts data protection policy.
- As filming and recording may be carried out at the Venue from time to time the ticket holder consents to being included in such films and recordings and the use, reproduction, storage, distribution and broadcasting of such films and recordings (including any copies made) without payment.