Take a Seat
At our beloved venues, every seat holds a story, and every show creates unforgettable memories. Now, you have the opportunity to become a cherished part of this legacy by sponsoring a seat!
For a donation of £450, you can sponsor one seat at His Majesty’s Theatre or the Music Hall while supporting Aberdeen Performing Arts and the work we do for arts and culture across the North East.
How to Sponsor a Seat
– Click on “Tickets” near the top of this page
– Select the seat(s) you would like to sponsor then “Continue”
– The ticket will show as £0, but please tick the Donation box to the right of the drop down box. This is so we can accept the £450 as a donation instead of a payment, and therefore claim the Gift Aid, where possible.
– Click “Continue” once you have selected to make the donation.
– Click “Checkout”.
– Under the Additional Details section, enter the message you would like to see on the plaque, limited to 100 characters.
– Click “Continue” and follow the rest of the steps.
– Complete your purchase!
– You will be able to collect a certificate from the Box Office once its ready, or you can call the Box Office to arrange delivery (£3 delivery charge) and we will also arrange for a photograph to be taken of your plaque when it’s in place which can take up to 6 weeks.
Terms and Conditions
- Only seats not already sponsored by another donor may be sponsored, and Aberdeen Performing Arts reserves the right to make an offer of alternative seats should your first preference seats not be available.
- Sponsored seats shall be allocated on a first come first served basis, according to availability.
- Sponsoring a particular seat does not affect the way that seat is normally sold to the public for performances, and sponsorship does not entitle the sponsor to entry to any events. Sponsoring a seat does not guarantee access to use seat.
- Aberdeen Performing Arts reserves the right to ask you to reword your dedication if it is too long or inappropriate.
- Plaques are a standard specification and will be supplied by the Aberdeen Performing Arts.
- Dedication messages may not be used to promote or advertise businesses or religious activities in a way which contravenes Aberdeen Performing Arts’s statutory obligations, nor carry messages that might be judged offensive, or tend to lower the reputation of Aberdeen Performing Arts, and Aberdeen Performing Arts retains sole discretion on such matters.
- Once a dedication message is agreed, the donation becomes non-refundable.
- If you “Checkout” without making the £450 donation, your dedication will become invalid and we will be in touch to arrange payment to secure your sponsored seat and dedication.
- Aberdeen Performing Arts reserves the right to remove names in circumstances where, subsequent to the original agreement, information comes into the public domain which is to the reputational discredit of the donor, to such an extent that the Board judges that a continued association would cause reputational damage to the organisation.
- In the case of significant changes being made to either the Music Hall or His Majesty’s Theatre, we will endeavour to keep or replace plaques when required – e.g. if replacement seats are installed, we will strive to move the plaque on to the new seat in the same location. If this is not possible, we will contact the person who made the purchase to discuss options.