The Lemon Tree is a vibrant, buzzing venue providing Aberdeen with an excellent alternative entertainment scene. The Lounge offers customers the chance to rock along to their favourite bands or laugh with the funniest comedians while enjoying a drink from the wide range of beverages at the bar. That’s not all though! The upstairs Studio is an intimate performance space showcasing the best theatre productions, dance and children’s shows. The Studio provides an opportunity to get up close and personal with the performers with entertaining shows which also have great educational values.
- In recent times, The Lemon Tree has seen performances from the likes of Laura Marling, Idlewild and local favourites The Xcerts along with comedians such as Sarah Millican, Craig Campbell and John Bishop.
- The Lounge can hold 550 at standing gigs and just under 300 seated.
- The Studio has a capacity of 166.
- The Lounge bar stocks a wide variety of drinks including local brewery Brewdog beers while Kate’s Bar offers the chance to relax before seeing a show in the Studio.
- The Lemon Tree has its own panto! The 2011 production was Jack and the Magic Bean.
The Lemon Tree offers an excellent chance to gather your friends together and enjoy a night you’ll be talking about for weeks to come. Take a look at what’s on and plan your social life now!
5 West North Street, Aberdeen
Lat: 56.185764 Long: -2.556918
The Lemon Tree opens 30 minutes prior to performances. Please check the website or with box office staff before visiting as opening times can vary. To book tickets for shows at The Lemon Tree, visit our city centre box offices at the Music Hall on Union Street and His Majesty's Theatre on Rosemount Viaduct or phone 01224 641122. Our box offices are open between 9:30am and 6pm Mondays to Saturdays; opening hours may vary with local holidays. The box office at The Lemon Tree is open for all performances.
Ticket telephone: 01224 337688
Disabled Access Guide
The Lemon Tree strives to ensure that all customers are able to enjoy performances in comfort and safety, and is committed to continually reviewing access provision.
- Level access is available from the side door on Shoe Lane, please ring the bell for access.
- Wheelchair users can be accommodated for all events.
- There is a lift in the foyer to gain access to the first floor Studio.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome
For further queries please contact 0845 270 8200.
Thursday 30 October
In the first round of its new Regular Funding programme announced today, Creative Scotland has granted Aberdeen Performing Arts (APA) £1m over three years as an organisation which makes an important contribution to the development of the arts and creative industries.
Monday 27 October
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Director of Finance and Corporate Services to provide high level leadership for financial and performance management, business planning, corporate governance, ICT and catering.
Friday 22 August
Monday 04 August
Thursday 17 July
Monday 07 July
Latest Photo Gallery
Thursday 30 October
A stunning traditional, fully-staged production recapturing the decadence of Renaissance Italy with lavish sets and opulent costumes. The opera was almost banned because it exposed the licentious behavior of the powers-that-be at court